Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain or Obama...McCain or Obama.....

That is the question! My brother Michael has been WAITING ANXIOUSLY for me to put something controversial on my blog. Sooo...Michael...here it is!

I have never been a fan of politics. Personally I usually find politicians to be BIG LIARS and rather boring. BUT...I did decide to watch Obama's speech last night....and I was rather pleasantly surprised!!! A few times I even happen to holler out..."AMEN BROTHER! and a clap every now and then :) As I am standing there in grossed in the TV watching the speech (we all know it had to be good to hold my attention.) Cole comes down the stairs stomping with his hands on his hips and says "YOU BETTER NOT BE CLAPPING FOR OBAMA...IT IS McCAIN ALL THE WAY" I really wanted to say to him...WHAT DO YOU KNOW...YOU ARE 10!!!! But he was dead serious! So I said " Well...that is the great thing about America, we all get to chose and vote for who we will think will do the best job." Nobody can tell us who we can vote for...we get to decide that ourselves." He looks at me and says..."Well...if you are SMART you vote for McCain." I couldn't help busting out laughing. Cole did NOT like that. So...if you are curious..if my 10 year old could vote...McCain...you have it!

As for myself...well...I am undecided. I can't wait to hear what McCain has to say and I am REALLY looking forward to the debate. Even though I am undecided there are a few things that are REALLY bothering me with McCain. They are as follows:

1. WHO CAN'T REMEMBER HOW MANY HOUSES THEY HAVE??? HELLO??? You honestly expect us to believe that????????????

2. DANG...you are OLD!!!!!! Have you not seen how the previous Presidents look coming out of office. YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT THE 4 YEARS!!!!

3. See number 2....which in that case leave us with Sarah Palin?????????????? WHO IS SARAH PALIN???????

4. McCain says that OBAMA doesn't have enough experience and then he picks someone like SARAH PALIN???? Who is Sarah Palin again???

5. I was reading some articles on CNN and came across this one below. It is written by Paul Begala, a Democratic strategist and CNN political contributor. At the bottom it says "The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the writer." It needs to add...and Jen W. too! :) I couldn't of said it better myself. :) Here it is:

John McCain needs what Kinky Friedman calls "a checkup from the neck up."
In choosing Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his running mate, he is not thinking "outside the box," as some have said. More like out of his mind.


Palin a first-term governor of a state with more reindeer than people, will have to put on a few pounds just to be a lightweight. Her personal story is impressive: former fisherman, mother of five. But that hardly qualifies her to be a heartbeat away from the presidency.

For a man who is 72 years old and has had four bouts with cancer to have chosen someone so completely unqualified to become president is shockingly irresponsible. Suddenly, McCain's age and health become central issues in the campaign, as does his judgment.

In choosing this featherweight, McCain passed over Tom Ridge, a decorated combat hero, a Cabinet secretary and the former two-term governor of the large, complex state of Pennsylvania.

He passed over Mitt Romney, who ran a big state, Massachusetts; a big company, Bain Capital; and a big event, the Olympics.

He passed over Kay Bailey Hutchison, the Texas senator who is knowledgeable about the military, good on television and -- obviously -- a woman.

He passed over Joe Lieberman, his best friend in the Senate and fellow Iraq Kool-Aid drinker.


He passed over former congressman, trade negotiator and budget director Rob Portman.
And he also passed over Mike Huckabee, the governor of Arkansas.


For months, the McCainiacs have said they will run on his judgment and experience. In his first presidential decision, John McCain has shown that he is willing to endanger his country, potentially leaving it in the hands of someone who simply has no business being a heartbeat away from the most powerful, complicated, difficult job in human history.

I feel some clapping and another AMEN BROTHER coming on!!!!! :)

So...what do you all think...let's hear it...I can take it! Plus Michael said if I get some major debating and arguments on my blog...more people will read it. Let's see if he know what he is talking about.

5 comments:

Bioblog said...

Obama all the way.....

Baby Chang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baby Chang said...

Looks like Cole is the genius I always suspected him to be. Rock on Colio!

MBELY said...

I would take your views on the upcoming election a little more serious if you had actually voted in the past 15 years.

Personally, I will be supporting the candidate who campaigns on a platform of early parole for repeat violent offenders and second amendment rights for toddlers.

galintn said...

I'm so on the fence that I'm prepared to vote "NO" for President. Honestly, I would like to see a good debate between Obama and Palin. Think that'll happen?