Friday, August 22, 2008

THE PICNIC

WHY....WHY....WHY....I ask myself that every time I try and do something fun, that it doesn't quite go as planned???? Cole..my 10 year old and youngest boy wanted to go on a picnic today. So we decided to go to the park. Me and my BRIGHT IDEAS said..."Lets take the dogs!" It was about a 2 minute ride to the park. The dogs were so excited they could hardly contain themselves. We get out....I have my hands full of stuff and am trying to hang on to the dogs and no more do we get to the sidewalk and Lucky decides to take a big ol' dump right there...ON THE SIDEWALK!!!! How NICE!!! WHY...WHY....WHY...LOL. So I tell Cole...give me the poop bags. He said...I didn't bring them". GRRRR.....GO BACK TO THE CAR AND GET THEM!!!! So I proceed to stand there guarding poop so no one will walk in it. I felt like a MAJOR DORK!!! :) I get that cleaned up and Cole and I go sit down a picnic table. Of course, the last person there had to leave half their lunch on the ground. So here I am trying to clean it up before the dogs devour it! I left the french fries...figured they couldn't hurt them and they were quite happy cleaning them up. As you can tell from Ernie licking his chops! :)




So....here we are having a nice little picnic. Dogs are happy cleaning up the fries under the table, and Cole screams...."ERNIE JUST PEED ON MY SHOE!!!!!!!! I said.."ARE YOU SERIOUS?????" Honestly...I thought he was kidding. Ernie has never peed on anyone. Sure enough...I look under the table and there is his shoe with pee in it!!!! What on earth is WRONG with these dogs today????




By the time we get that cleaned up there are bees in Cole's applesauce. Cole starts running away with everything else in hand. I said..."get back over here...they will not hurt you" Forget it...he was done! LOL He asked if we could go to Baskin Robbins across the street. We went and got him some ice cream and took the dogs for a little walk and went home. We both had had enough for the day. As we are heading out Cole says " that was a lovely picnic" I said..."REALLY...or are you being sarcastic?" He said..."um...sarcastic mom!" Then says...."Note to self....next time...LEAVE THE DOGS AT HOME!!!" I couldn't agree more. LOL

Below are some more pics from the day. Enjoy!

I know these don't look like naughty dogs....but looks can be very deceiving!!!!




Cole eating his ice cream.

1 comment:

Jeni Simmons said...

I can't believe the dog peed in your shoe. LOL love your blog