Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness

My son Ely is taking a class in Middle School called Consumer and Family Studies. So far it has been a pretty neat class. One of their assignments was to do 2 random acts of kindness and give 2 compliments and write about what they were. Here is what Ely wrote:

Acts of Kindness

My 1st act of random kindness was I put my shoes on the rug in the garage without my mom telling me to. When I told my mom I put my shoes on the rug in the garage she said “You are such a good boy.”

My 2nd act of random kindness was my dad, my brother Cole and I were going out of King Soopers and when we got to the car, Cole got in the car and I helped my dad put the groceries in the back of the car. He said “Thanks Buddy” and I smiled.

My 1st compliment was while I was looking for something on the ground, I saw my mom’s feet. I noticed she had her toes done so I said “Your toes look nice” she smiled and said, “Thanks Peewee”

My 2nd compliment was Cole mowed the lawn and I said “Good job on the lawn, it looks nice.”
He said “Thanks Ely.

Sometimes I think we forget how easy it is to do a random act of kindness or give someone a compliment and how much it can really make someones day! I challange you all do to at least 1 random act of kindness today. Also...It would be great to hear what random act of kindness that someone has done for you that just really made your day.

As for me...Janice (a friend of mine) really made my day today by calling me up to see if my youngest could go to her house to play with her son. Cole has been dying to play with someone and I have needed a break. It was so nice to have a little piece and quite before my other 2 get home and the evening craziness starts. THANKS JANICE!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael's right...you are a wuss.:)

Jeni Simmons said...

Tanner has requested a picture of Eli.

Baby Chang said...

You rock, Ely! Jen, keep it up . You got the right idea!