Monday, August 25, 2008

THE TORNADO!

Well...we had a little excitement Sunday night!!! The doorbell rang like 10 times in a row.....Ernie of course starts going nuts and Ely heads to the door. I was cooking dinner. I said..."TELL COLE TO QUIT SCREWING AROUND!" Ely said..."It's not Cole, its some lady." So I thought that was really strange with the way the doorbell rang....so I went to the door and this lady..that I do not know says "TAKE COVER...THERE IS A TORNADO COMING!!!" I was like..."ok...um..thanks." I tell Lance and we head to the back deck...and this is what we see.


So...we tell the kids to get in the basement. We turn on the news...I was watching YARD CRASHERS on DIY Network. If you haven't ever watched it...check it out. LOVE THAT SHOW! We tevo it! Ahmed...if you happen to read this PLEASE...PLEASE...Crash my Yard!!!!(http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/pac_ctnt_988_leader/text/0,2829,DIY_26336_66348,00.html)
Anyway....we go to the basement...turn on the tv down there and tell the kids to get under the stairs. Cole has gone a gotten his hamster and guinea pig...along with our 2 dogs and cat. Ely starts to freak out!!!! "WHAT ABOUT MY FROGS!!!!!" I said.."they will be fine"...but he can't stop crying. Bless his little heart! The cat starts attacking the hamster cage and Ernie is trying to eat the guinea pig!!!! Cole starts freaking...running around with the guinea pig...."I YELL..."GET UNDER THE STAIRS!" He says.."Well...if you don't do something Ernie is going to kill my guinea pig...not the TORNADO!!!" I think to myself that might not be such bad thing...(just kidding) Thank goodness the Tornado was slow moving and dissipated before it got to us. Needless to say I realized that we were so not ready for something like this. So I went to the Red Cross website and looked to see how to be better prepared. If you would like to check it out here is the site. http://www.redcross.org/



Here are a few more pictures that I took of the tornado.











Check out this video.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/index.html


It is AMAZING that it didn't wipe out those houses! Thankfully, there has been no reports of damage or injuries anywhere!!!

3 comments:

Bioblog said...

Jen,

Cool pictures. Are you the type that we would hear about on the news that gets hurt or killed trying to get "that shot." LOL I saw this on the news last night or this morning. I can't remember. I wondered if it was near you. Glad you are all safe.

Alison said...

Hey Jen...Love your blog! I love the part about the guinea pig...Funny stuff...I stole one of your pictures since we only got the pictures of head on tornado...It definitely made a memory! Who was the crazy lady ringing the doorbells?

Jeni Simmons said...

I can't believe those pics. That was crazy, I'm sure. So glad you and your neighbors are alright.