Thursday, September 18, 2008

WHEW WEEEEE!!!!

Well...so most of you know that I had my first mammogram done about a week ago. If you haven't read about it...see a couple post below. :) Anyway...I got a call back saying that they saw something suspicious and that I needed to come back in. Long story short....I am fine....it was a lymph node. I really wasn't worried. I have no idea why...I just wasn't. My friend Mary got a call too and had to go back in...thank goodness...she was fine too. I guess I just don't worry about things that I really don't have any control over. I figured it is what it is...and when we figure that out we will deal with it. Cole had lots of questions. He wanted to know what I would do if they had to cut my boobies off. I told them I would just have them move my fat roll up and I would be good as new. :) Bless him....he believed me. Its really not a bad idea ya know!
Ely had told me that if it took a long time to get my results back that it was because the doctor was staring at my pictures thinking...NICE RACK! I told him...I didn't think so...and they are just x-rays...they aren't pictures. And even if they were...he sure wouldn't be checking out MINE!!!! Sometime...I really wonder about that kid!
On a serious note though...I am really glad my friend Mary had called and told me about Margarita and Mammogram night. I was suppose to get a mammogram done a year ago because I am adopted and have no medical history. The doctor wanted to get a baseline on me because of that. Of course I blew it off. One of those things...oh I will get to it later...and never did. Well....though I wasn't really worried...I did think to myself....if it is cancer....and it has gotten bigger because I blew it off a year ago when we could of found it....I would have been so mad at myself for being SO STUPID! I know that early detection is key! But...it wasn't I am fine...and have learned my lesson. :)
I told them to make sure they put me on the mailing list for next year!!! It is definitely worth the squash and the peace of mind....for that nice massage and refreshments they give you afterwords! :) I have told a lot of my friends about it and they all say....I WANT A MAMMOGRAM LIKE THAT!!!! To bad a lot of them live in a different state...otherwise I would have drag them there with me this time! For those of you that do live here...it was at the Centennial Women's Medical Center. The staff was a bunch of wonderful ladies....they even heat your robes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sure wish they did all medical stuff there! :)
REMEMBER:
GET YOUR MAMMOGRAM!!!!!

1 comment:

galintn said...

YOu know......they do offer that surgery for women that have to get their boobies cut off. It's called tran-flab and they take the stomach fat and push it up and make new boobs with it. Reconstruction and a tummy tuck all at once! And the best thing......it's covered by insurance for those unfortunate enough to have breast cancer and a mastectomy. See.....you're smarter than you give yourself credit for!