Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dessert!!!!

I planned on posting something everyday when I started this blog. Well, we see how that is going. LOL I am going to try and post more often...life has just gotten busy with all the boys back in school.

I wanted to tell you all about this dessert I made for a BBQ we went to last weekend. I have a couple pics to download from then too...I just haven't done it. I know...I am a slacker!

Anyway....we went to a reservoir to have a BBQ with some of Lance's friends that he works with. They all wanted me to make one of my YUMMY desserts. (Yes...I am a good wife every now and then and send stuff in with Lance for him and his co-workers) I haven't had any complaints yet.

I didn't want to make something that I have sent in before. I thought they would like something new. So I went on the hunt through some cookbooks to see what I could find. First I wanted it to be good....and second...fast....I don't like dishes that take forever to prepare. And this is what I found. I thought I had died and went straight to heaven when I tasted them. As one of the guys at the BBQ said...." NOW THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!" LOL So I thought I would share. :)


Gooey Turtle Bars
2 c. graham cracker crumbs or vanilla wafers (I used graham crackers)
1/2 c. butter melted
2 c. (12 oz) semisweet chocolate morsels
1 c. pecan pieces
1 (12 oz) jar caramel topping
Combine crumbs and butter. Press firmly into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2 inch pan. Sprinkle with morsels and pecans.
Remove lid from caramel topping ; microwave at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until hot, stirring after 30 seconds. Drizzle over pecans. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until morsels melt; let cool in pan on a wire rack. Chill at least 30 minutes; cut into bars.
I got it from a cookbook that I bought from Southern Living at Home. Its called Easy Weeknight Favorites. This is an AWESOME cookbook. I love GOOD recipes that are easy and fast. Which makes this the perfect recipe book. I think my friend Lillian still sells Southern Living at Home and if anyone is interested in this cookbook let me know and I will send you her information. :)

ENJOY!!!!!





No comments: