Friday, September 19, 2008

THE TRUMPET!


Cole is has decided to play the trumpet. Do I really need to say anymore...LOL. He brought the trumpet home from school yesterday...and decided to play us a few....um....blows? As he attempted to play...poor Ely looks at me with this look on his face like ARE YOU SERIOUS??? I leaned over to him and said...I feel your pain Ely....I feel your pain! Unfortunately, the blows of the horn has brought back some very haunting memories I have as a kid. My little brother Michael decide when he was in middle school that he was going to play the saxophone. Michael absolutely enjoyed annoying the tar out of me. :) He would bring the saxophone home to practice. He would start practicing about the time I started my homework. To drown out the noise I would sit at my desk in my room with my radio blaring. Michael then would sneak in my room (my back was to my door...not a good idea) get right behind me and blow that thing as loud and hard as he could...and watch me STICK to the ceiling!!! I can not even begin to tell you how MAD that would make me. He would run as fast as he could as soon as I came down from the ceiling because he KNEW if I caught him...he was going to get the beating of his life that he so well deserved!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently the beatings were worth taking...because they did not stop him. Thank God I was in my senior year and left the house after graduating. My poor mother probably had to endure the pain he use to inflict on me.

So...last night after we listen to the horn blowing and getting homework done...I was exhausted. I put everyone to bed and went a plopped down in my bed laying on my back with my arm draped across my eyes....trying to find the ambition to roll over to set the alarm and turn out the light. Before I can, I hear the loud blow of the trumpet right at the side of my bed. I think to myself...YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I look up and there stands Cole in his UNDERWEAR with the trumpet!!!! UUGGGHHH!!! I said..."WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" He said..."I just wanted to blow it one more time." Seriously...I could of given him one of those beatings Michael used to get!!!!!!!!! But I said..."Cole...its bedtime...get in bed and you can play it tomorrow."



Cole is a very hard child to get up in the morning. He would NOT get up this morning. The great mother that I am.....lol....I thought...Oh...how funny would it be if I blew that horn in his face!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA!!!! Then I thought better of it. I didn't want to give him any ideas for tomorrow morning when I finally get to sleep in!

No comments: