Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Family Visit

My parents and brother Steve came to see us a couple weeks ago. It was great to see them...but one thing I know for sure now....I DO NOT need to go to another Museum for AT LEAST....hmmmm...the REST OF MY LIFE!!!! :) My parents and Steve (who is a teacher) LOVE musuems....me...NOT SO MUCH!!! It was fun just being with them though....we had some pretty good laughs along the way. LOL


Monday...we went to the Science and Nature Museum in Denver. It's a nice museum. :)


Here are a few pics from there.

On Tuesday we to Golden. We toured the Mt. Climbing MUSEUM....the Quilt MUSEUM...and BEST OF ALL....the HISTORY MUSEUM....UUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Actually the Mt. Climbing Museum was pretty cool. It just opened not to long ago and that did have some really interesting things in it.

On Wednesday we went site seeing...WOOO HOOOOO!!!! LOL

We stopped to look at the water wheel...I don't remember where it is...some town headed up to the mountains. :)

Mom, Dad and Steve also found a statue of some dude that they had to read about. I was off taking pics of the scenery. LOL I can't tell you who the dude is because....I don't know...and I DON'T CARE. :)


Awwww...aren't they sweeeeet!!!!!! Now this a moment to remember....not that dead dude they made a statue out of!


Let me tell you about Engine #60.....JUST KIDDING!!! I just took the pic...mom and dad read about it. LOL






Then we drove thru the mts. and looked at some scenery on the way up to Buffalo Bills grave. I don't have any pics of that because I get car sick and was thinking more about hurling than taken pics. :) But here is one of mom, dad and Steve at the top at Big Bills grave. LOL

Along the way we also stopped at an old Mine. That was cool. I will need to take the kids back there. You can actually tour the mine.



THEN...after all that...we stop at a place called Silver Plume. I think the population is 3 plus 1 dog. LOL It was this tiny little town... a one dirt road town with some houses...an old school, a church....and a dog in the middle of the road that did NOT move. We had to drive around him as he just stared at us. He was probably thinking...HAHA...those IDIOTS are SOOO LOST!!!


My mom got out of the car to take pics...she LOVED this little place. She took this one of the dog. Dad, Steve and I stayed in the car...hoping the dog would come after her like Cujo...and scared her to death....NOW THAT WOULD BE FUN!!! But no such luck...he just looked at her like...haven't you ever seen a dog before lady????

Here are some more pics of the town.

BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.

Thursday we went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and rode the Cog Railrode up to Pikes Peak in Colorado Springs. I let Ely and Cole skip school because they LOVE that zoo. Mom and Ely got a little altitude sickness at the top of Pikes Peak. It also was pretty cold up there. I think with the windchill it was like 10 degrees. Here are some pics from that day.


BubbleShare: Share photos - Craft Ideas

Friday...was a day of rest. :) They left first thing Saturday morning. :( I was sad they had to go....but not that I now don't have to go to any museums until the next time they visit!!!!! :)

No comments: